Realms of Eredim
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Karbrae Ren (GM)
Admin
View user profilehttps://realmsoferedim.forumotion.eu

The Black Ox Inn (Pre-Game IC Thread) Empty The Black Ox Inn (Pre-Game IC Thread)

Mon Aug 23, 2021 8:59 pm
The Black Ox Inn (Pre-Game IC Thread) Backonxinnsign

Welcome to the Black Ox Inn, a pregame In Character thread.

The Black Ox Inn is located in the city of Kavanast in northeastern Midara, the city thriving on mining in the Kavanast Mines in the Thyrmian Mountains, until most of the mines ran dry of mineable veins, that is... Nowadays Kavanast is a dying city, but at least The Black Ox is thriving... All manner of travelers, primarily merchants and adventurers, like to frequent The Black Ox, because of its low-priced luxury, delicious meats and Black Ox Ale.

The inn's proprietor is Hardrak Hesken, an aging dhouvarr who always seems to have a very stern look on his face, which also bears quite the scar, but who isn't nearly as grumpy and unfriendly as he looks when you get to know him a bit...

(Be aware that this occurrence is another earlier one than when the adventurers stops by the inn trying to track down Markus Arcrow.)

RTritium likes this post

RTritium
View user profile

The Black Ox Inn (Pre-Game IC Thread) Empty Re: The Black Ox Inn (Pre-Game IC Thread)

Tue Aug 24, 2021 12:02 am
With red-shoed feet up on a table, surrounded by now empty pitchers of ale, a blue-haired southerner leans back on a chair, gloved hands behind his head as he crosses his legs, taking the opportunity to get a quick nap in. A shortsword hangs by his side, shoes worn but clearly cared for, gloves and clothes slightly scuffed, spiked hair tied back slightly with a red bandanna that's seen better days -- but he doesn't care. So has he.

Suraj is, for the moment, taking a nap, though partly, he wants to see what sort of attention he'll attract. It's a real mix this far up north! He's seen annoyance, anger, outright violence, intrigue, things being thrown at him -- it's a roll of the dice.

Karbrae Ren (GM) likes this post

Karbrae Ren (GM)
Admin

The Black Ox Inn (Pre-Game IC Thread) Empty Re: The Black Ox Inn (Pre-Game IC Thread)

Tue Aug 24, 2021 12:19 am
A slender-looking female with her face well hidden in her tan hood approaches your table, discretely, but not discrete enoug for the observant southerner not to notice her... Suraj notices the distinct Hish Iridi style of her scimitars and the patterns on her blue and tan clothes.

When she is standing next to the table, she takes off her hood, brandishing a beautiful Haladrin face. The Haladrin were a rare form of elves with dark brown skin who lived in the Sunkissed Kingdoms...

The Black Ox Inn (Pre-Game IC Thread) Amradar-Durue

Amadar Durue: "Sha RadĂȘ, Velar. (Hish Iridi: Well met, sir.) I am Amadar Durue. I could not help notice there was a fellow southerner in here. May I sit?"

RTritium likes this post

RTritium
View user profile

Tue Aug 24, 2021 12:25 am
Yeah, he opens a green eye, utters a "Hwhah..?" as he stirs himself from his nap, and Suraj blinks the sleepiness (and sliiiiiight tipsiness) from his eyes.
"Heh! Sure thing, c'mon, sit down," he offers, quickly flicking his feet off the table and sitting up in his chair as he, in a faint rush of muted blue, sits upright, elbows resting on the table as he reaches for the one full mug of ale. He kicks a chair to his left, sending it sliding just a few inches out for her to sit down in.

"Sooo, what're ya doing up here?" he asks, looks to her curiously. "I mean, I'm just up here for a run. Well, uh, an extended one. Name's Suraj." A brilliant, friendly smile is shot her way as he takes a long swig of his drink.

"...Ugh, wow, I forgot how crappy this stuff is.." he mumbles, under his breath.
Karbrae Ren (GM)
Admin

Tue Aug 24, 2021 12:48 am

The Haladrin nimbly grabs the chair which Suraj slides to her, spins it around and sits down on it, legs confidently spread and resting her arms on the back of the chair.

Amadar Durue: "A run you say? Nice to meet you Suraj. I am a ranger currently under the employ of the Quel'Essiri Court. (Quel'Essir was a drinish city in the Brevosian Forest, which was located about a week's journey north of Kavanast, on the other side of the Thyrmian Mountains) I have come to Kavanast to find a missing agent of the court, one Jalath Talashar, who has been stationed here as a member of the Kavanast Mages' Guild. He hasn't been heard from in several weeks, and now I've found out that he left Kavanast to go searching for some old drinish ruin in the Hyldran Hills, west of here... Word has it the Hyldran Hills are teeming with orcs and goblins, and worse creatures still, and I am thus looking for capable help..."

RTritium likes this post

RTritium
View user profile

Tue Aug 24, 2021 12:52 am
Suraj listens, and for once in his life, seems to actually slow down, though his foot tap-tap-tap-tap-tap-taps intermittently on the wooden floor beneath the table.

"Ohhhhh, sounds like you need a scout, then, huh? Heh," he snaps his fingers and points to her. "Well, you found the right one! I'm fast as the wind, good with my hands, good with the outdoors, I can cover a lotta ground -- I'm your guy. Let's geddit out the way; am I gonna be getting paid for this, or, is this kinda more like 'building-your-reputation' work? Don't worry, I'm pretty much fine with both," he smirks. "BUT. Money is nice."
Karbrae Ren (GM)
Admin

Tue Aug 24, 2021 1:18 am

Amadar smiles and produces a leather pouch from her belt which she places on the table.

Amadar Durue: "500 dinari up front and 1500 when the job is done. The job is as follows: You shall accompany me to the Hyldran Hills and the ruins of Dyn Ardas and help me slay any foes we meet, as well as help me search the ruins thoroughly for Jalath Talashar. Whether we find him or not, you shall be paid the 1500 when we have returned safely here to Kavanast... Aaand it will help build your reputation as well. Trust me, i will let the Court know about it, if you turn out to be good help... We shall set out as soon as possible. Are you ready, Vel Suraj?"
RTritium
View user profile

Tue Aug 24, 2021 1:23 am
To say that it gets Suraj's attention is an understatement, and he quickly looks from the pouch, to Amadar, then to the pouch again, and then once more, twice, before he cracks a smirk and takes the pouch. "Heh! Well, ya don't have to ask me twice. I'm ready when you are," he lets out a chuckle as he stows the pouch on his person, perhaps on his belt.

"I mean, literally, I'm ready to go right now. Been itching for a good sprint," Suraj clicks his neck. "Hope you're fast enough to keep up. Eh-- though, you know the area and I don't, so, I guess I'll follow your lead," he caught himself, slightly sheepish in that moment.
Karbrae Ren (GM)
Admin

Tue Aug 24, 2021 2:03 am
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum